Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2 Month checkup

So baby boy, believe it or not, is 2 months old.  Last Friday M took BB into have his 2 month check up.  Prior to the check up we had a gazillion page document (not really that long, but fairly long) to fill out.  It three things that we had to check in reference to some of their questions.  These were developmental questions.  For instance: Does he smile when you smile at him. BB doesn't do this now, but I think it's only a matter of time before he does.  Speaking of smiling.  Last week while I was at work I got this call from M and she was just ecstatic.  She had been out to the mall with BB and while she was putting him back into the car he gave her a big smile!!  Not a gas induced smile but an honest to goodness smile!

Any how the appointment went well, but there were a few things that we learned that I thought I'd pass along.  There are certain things in the development of a premie that you base off of their due date and not their actual born on date.  What those are, I couldn't tell you right now but we were reassured that he's doing just fine, we just needed to realized that although he's 8 weeks old he's still only 3 to 4 weeks past his due date so he's got some catching up to do.

He's weighing in at 8lbs and is 20 inches long. This is from a birth weight of 3lbs 13 ounces and 16.75 inches long.  Everytime I pick him up I think he's put on some more weight.  He does have the double chin going like most babies!

That's about all I got for now.  Hope everyone had a great 4th of July and was safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment