Thursday, June 16, 2011

Grandparents to the rescue!

My parents have been with us since last Saturday evening and it's been great.  I know some families don't get along but we get along pretty well and it's been a blessing to have them around.

Since they've been around the block twice, with my brother and I, we've been able to ask them questions about things we don't or didn't know.  For instance the hospital said we should let baby boy (BB) sleep on his back, which translated into him being on his back for nearly everything.  However we have discovered that he really really likes being on his stomach. So if we are holding him for whatever reason (more on that in a second) he's usually on his stomach.

One downside, and it's not really that much of a downside, is that I think he's getting used to being held and when it's time to go to bed in his bassinet...well it can be a challenge. During the day he's almost like a hot potato going from M to grandma to grandpa and myself if he doesn't need to be fed again.  If he does then it's back to M for more feeding and we repeat the cycle.

Lastly one of the best things, or not, is that M and I have been able to get out and do a few things while not having to worry about BB.  Last Sunday morning we went shopping at Walmart and it was kind of strange to be there without him.  And this Saturday night, we have been told we can have a date night.  Dinner and a movie for us!!  We are just having a really hard time figuring out which movie to go to!

He did get weighed again yesterday and he's quickly approaching double his birth weight.  He now weighs in at 6lbs 9.5 ounces.  His birth weight was 3lbs and 13 ounces.  My mom has told me that when he doubles his weight he will be the weight he was when I was born almost 34 years ago!

I hope that other daddy's and families are able to take advantage of their parents/grandparents should they offer to help you with your young one.  It does take the stress off for a bit.  And with that I've got to get ready to go back to work.  I've had the first 3 days of this week off and it's been great, but now I must head back into work!

No comments:

Post a Comment