Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Daddy Fit Club...or not!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that most dads, much like their wifes, gain a few pounds during a pregnancy.  The exception to this might be if your some super duper elite athlete training for a specific event.  Even if you didn't put on a few pounds I'm going to say that you've gotten a bit flabbier during this time.  I fall into this second category.  I didn't put on any weight, but I'm flabbier and weaker!

There was a time in the way past where I was a workout machine.  No I wasn't sporting abs or anything like that, but I was in much better shape than I am now.  Deadlifts, squats and bench press were my bread and butter!  It all went down hill when we moved to Wyoming.  Not sure why that is, but it's just been down hill since then.  I've tried to get back onto some sort of routine, but it just doesn't happen.  I can come up with every excuse in the book but the best one and one most on point is I'm being lazy.

I tried to get going a few weeks ago, but with the lack of sleep it wasn't happening.  Things appear to have taken a change for the better, I'm no longer getting up at all hours of the night to get bottles, so I think now is the time where I can start to workout again.

So I'm putting out a call.  I need some motivation from other dads!  How did you get through this phase?  I don't want to be the dad that's on the sidelines.  I want to be the dad that's out there running with his son.  Hiking to the tops of mountains and just overall being active.

If your a dad that's seeking motivation in return drop me a comment or direct message me on twitter.

So if things go as I want them to you'll probably be seeing a few updates here and there about how workouts are going (and probably some weight loss thrown in for good measure and motivation!). No this won't be a strictly workout blog, I'll still have posts about BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment