Monday, May 9, 2011

Going back to work after you've had your baby

You ever have that feeling when your done with a vacation that you just don't want to go back?  Well that was my feeling today when I went back, but only about 100 times worse.  I didn't want to be there.  I wanted to be with my baby boy and hold him.  But alas I wasn't able to.  However tomorrow afternoon I plan on driving down to see him for a couple of hours.  

Coming back from the birth is tiring (and this isn't even with the boy being home!).  Chances are you're up at least once a night with your wife for various things. Last night it was to kill a giant spider that was lurking in the bathroom waiting to pounce on M and turn her into Spiderwoman.  But alas her valiant husband got out of bed and killed it with a flip flop!  Most of the time it's for support and help as she's trying to pump.  Yeah guys you will be helping and this goes on every 2 to 3 hours, so just be prepared.  

But in the end I made it through the day.  The boy is fine the wife reports, I'm not as tired as I was at lunch (could have slept the rest of the day) and I will go back to work tomorrow. When he comes home I'll be taking another week off as I suspect that will be as stressful as the last week.  Some people have commented that the lack of sleep continues for the next 18 years.  I hope not, but if that's the case so be it. Only a week in and it's been an incredible journey that I wouldn't trade for anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment