Sunday, May 8, 2011

Emotional

For the first time in almost a week we got to sleep in our bed last night.  It was nice to sleep in our own bed but also bittersweet.  Our baby boy has to stay in the hospital for awhile longer.  How long we aren't sure, but he has to stay here while we are home.  It was a very emotional time leaving him here and also arriving at home without him.

Throughout the week while we were in the hospital I saw other dads and moms leaving with their new one's and it made me jealous. I was happy for them and their new one, but both M and I wanted to take out baby boy home with us and begin that process. 

We know in the end it's better that he's at the hospital getting the best care that he can, but it's still really hard.  So for the next few weeks M will be travelling daily down to see him.  I'll be going back to work and visiting on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  When he does come home I'll take another week off of work. 

So posts will probably be here and there while I have a free few minutes.  As many new parents know, even without bringing a baby home, that free time seems to be in short supply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment