Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The best appliance that you'll never think of.

I'm here to tell you about an appliance that you can get and will make your life so much easier as a new parent.  It will help you get more sleep and help you stay awake when you need to.  It won't be anything that you think of!  Let me paint a picture for you.


Premies, and probably new borns, need to be fed every couple of hours. Baby boy (BB) is eating every 2.5 hours.  So up the stairs I trudge and grab a bottle out of the fridge.  But it's got to be warm.  Can't microwave it because it will make it to hot in spots.  The bottle we are currently using will not fit into the bottle warmer we have.  Enter the Keurig One Cup Coffee machine!

Despite my dislike for this machine at times, it can be temperamental (needs either stern talking to or lots of encouragement...I got for the stern!), it has saved me some sleep time.  It is ready to brew water in between 30 and 45 seconds.  The bottle warms up in about 2 minutes and I'm stumbling my way back downstairs to pass it off to M or to feed BB myself.  If we didn't have this thing I'd be up there trying to boil water to get the bottle warm.  Who knows how long that would take.

And did I mention it makes a pretty good cup of coffee?  It's usually when I'm pretty tired that the machine needs a good lesson in who is boss!  After that it's good for awhile!

They are a bit pricey, I originally didn't want to get one of these 2+ years ago, but it's trucking right along and saving me some sleep time!

Any other appliances that I should check out for other uses?

No comments:

Post a Comment