Monday, April 25, 2011

This is not a problem you can solve guys!

Hopefully most of the guys, and women, that read this (which is few) are glad to be expecting a child and had planned on it.  Most guys will probably know much of what I'm going to talk about here, but perhaps your just starting your journey to becoming a dad.

Most men, myself included, like to fix stuff so that it works again.  The sink's food disposal unit is broken so you fix it and when your done you thump your chest and let everyone know what you just did.  Okay maybe that's just me, but I think you get the idea.  With your wife being pregnant there are going to be a lot of things that you'll see that you'll want to fix and the bottom line is that you can't!

Out of habit more than anything I usually ask my wife how she slept.  Well I did this not to long ago when sleep was starting to be an issue.  She was nice about it, but told me that she didn't sleep well and that this would be the way it was until the end.  And she's right.  There's nothing that I can do, or we as guys can do, to help our spouses out with stuff like this.  However there are other things we can do.

Being there is the single best thing, in my opinion, on what we can do.  Not out shooting pool with the guys, or drinking beers. Being home helping cook meals (we've found that we really enjoy cooking meals together), help clean the house and when she asks be willing to give her a massage!

It pains me at times to see her in some much discomfort, but I know that we are another day closer to a new family member.

Guys what other ways have you been there for your spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment